- Provincial Liberal Candidate in June 2022 for Scarborough-Agincourt and a member of the Toronto Board of Health
- Former Member of Provincial Parliament of Ontario (Liberal member of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario from 2011 to 2018)
- Administrator and Director at several Toronto Long-Term Care Homes
- Senior Nursing Administrator and Nursing Professor Nursing Professor at Humber College
- Manager with York Region Public Health Department, and a Public Health Nurse at the former City of York
- First female Chinese Canadian to be elected to the Ontario Legislature
- Former Executive Director of an award-winning not-for-profit Long-Term Care Home in the GTA
- Former Toronto District School Board Trustee and member of the Toronto Board of Health
- Founded the Reading Circle, a recognized weekly, free, community reading program in Scarborough-Agincourt in 2006
Retired former Member of Provincial Parliament of Ontario (Liberal member of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario from 2005 to 2016)
- Former City Councillor
- Retired business owner with a long history in the hospitality industry.
- Former member of the Board of Directors of Markham Stouffville Hospital Foundation.